After graduation, I did a software diploma from C-DAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing) from Mumbai. In the year 2000, I moved to Pune to pursue my IT career..
I started as a software developer. I did my first certification in Java which was Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP) in the year 2002. Then kept moving up in the career ladder and now I am software architect.
I am also a PMI Certified Project Management Professional. This was done to understand how to manage projects and to understand its intricacies.
In August 2011, I passed the Oracle Certified Master Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect (OCMJEA) exam. You can read my blogs from January 2012 on the experience to achieve this highest certification in Java.
I am having more than 17 years of experience in software development. I have successfully implemented various projects with onshore and offshore delivery model. I was Involved in technical feasibility study of various proposals, suggesting better solutions, participating in analysis, design, implementation, team ramp-up etc. I am involved in providing technical direction, guidance and mentoring, documentation and Technical support.
My professional strengths are:
– Drive proof of concepts to evaluate the technology choices and also weighing benefits and weaknesses of design choices for given requirements.
– Executed projects from inception till continuous support using all the software architecture tools and techniques.
– Communicate to all stakeholders in order to get a bird’s eye view of the entire application.
– Experience in transitioning applications in multi culture environments.
– Constitute a technical gateway between the project manager, developers and business experts.
– Experience in handling global customers with different cultures.
My current experience is:
– Consultancy on Big-data projects, Apache Spark, Apache Cassandra ( 2+ years)
– AWS (2+ year) – managing EC2 instances
– Hands-on experience ( 2+ years) with Cassandra, CQL, data modeling, data replication, clustering, indexing for handling for large data sets.
– Expertise in managing Cassandra Cluster using Apache Cassandra 3.9 and 3.11
– Strong experience with Java, Python with Apache Spark.
– Experience working with distributed systems, clustering, and replication technologies.
– Architecture reviews,
– Requirements analysis and design,
– Code review, code refactoring,
– Mentoring, training
– Evaluate and decide use of software products including tools, frameworks
– Performance improvement, refactoring of application(s)
– Well versed with development toolkits like Maven, GIT, Bitbucket, Continues Integration suites like Jenkins, automated deployments using Ansible, JIRA, Wiki.
– Capable of working in a collaborative, multi-site environment to support rapid development and delivery of results and capabilities
– Effectively communicating technical analyses, recommendations to project stakeholders
My IT Specialties:
OOAD, design patterns, Java, Python, Bash, working knowledge (JavaScipt, AngularJS), PHP, Hadoop, Map/Reduce , Kafka, Apache Spark, Warehousing ETL/Automation – Pig, Oracle, MySQL, Monitoring using Grafana, Infrastructure – Docker( working knowledge) , Ansible, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache, Networking – Custom TCP/IP, UDP application protocols, Network Management Systems (NMS/EMS), SNMP, REST APIs, Syslog, Linux, JIRA, Maven, Ant, JUnit, Git, GitHub, bitbucket, Eclipse, Wireshark, CodeIgniter, Ionic Framework, Dygraphs, SOA, UML, Web Services, Enterprise messaging, EJB3, Weblogic, JBoss, Apache HTTP server, Apache Tomcat, Eclipse, Apache Ant, Maven, SPRING, Hibernate, Apache Wicket, Vaadin, Hudson, Jenkins, WordPress, PHP, HTML5, CSS3, JQuery
I started this website to write on various topics of Java and software architecture so that I can share my knowledge with others. I will start writing about the topics for which I had to struggle a lot in my career while working on projects. I want to make it available for others at a single place. I hope it will help someone. I want to expand it now on other topics as well like WordPress web site development. So keep visiting my site.
Contact me for any opportunity
Walking on water and developing software from specifications are easy….if both are frozen.